The role of the Directorate of Technical Education is to maintain, enhance the standard, quality of technical education by laying the policies, establishing development Govt. Institutions, guiding, supervising the aided, government institutions, interacting with industry and national level institutions, co-ordinating with other departments of Government. DTE is one of the government agency to contribute to the country specifically on Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET). In a brief, Directorate of Technical Education is going to….
- Promote and provide demand driven technical education & vocational training.
- Upgrade teaching abilities, skills and knowledge of teaching staff.
- Assess the manpower training needs in the context of domestic and global markets.
- Set up regular Monitoring/Evaluation & Feedback system for the vocational training and technical education to respond efficiency to the existing and changing demand of the economy.
- Prepare training plans, programs and projects keeping in view the local as well as foreign manpower training requirements.
- Establish a staff development system to offer demand driven teacher & instructor training and upgrading performance.
- Organize and conduct seminars & workshops for various types of personnel associated with vocational training and technical education.
- Establish Data Banks for skilled workers and technicians.
The central office of DTE is situated in F-4/B, Agargaon Administrative Area, Sher-e-Banglanagar, Dhaka-1207.